Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Major Depressive Disorder
1. 4 books Stacked: Secret of a Sun King by Emma Carroll, which I’m reading with my nine-year old son; The Hoarder by Jess Kidd ; North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell; Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsey
2. 6 Standing books. Collected Stories by Lydia Davis; Confabulations by John Berger; The Dream of a Common Language by Adrienne Rich; ‘winter’ and ‘autumn’ by Ali Smith ; The Debutante and Other Stories by Leonora Carrington.
These include my most beloved books, and others are gifts from people I love the most.
3. Geisha stickies brought back from Japan
4. Water; tap and sparkling
5. Sun lamp. It rises gently in the morning. It never wakes me up.
6. Trinket dish: 1 old button, I forget from where; blown glass bauble made in Syria; roll of washi tape, to remind me of an absent friend who loved washi tape.
7. Photograph of my mother with 1-year old me.
8. Lavender pillow sprays
9. Electrolytes for night thirst
10. cooling spray for night sweats
11. Ginger essential oil, for nausea and for energy
11. Old candle jar with fountain pen, sketching pencil, bonsai scissors, a bookmark and some crochet hooks. I make things when I have to stay in bed.
12. Hand cream
13. 3 Medications- Sertraline, Zoloft); hydroxychloroquine; paracetamol; diphenhydramine hydrochloride