Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Chronic Headaches. Facial Pain. Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR). Back Pain.
Contents of the photo (starting from the bottom to the top):
1. 2 Slumberbumps- for keeping me on my side as I sleep.
2. A wooden board erected by the bed, also to help me sleep on my side.
3. CPAP machine, for sleep apnea.
4. Remote control to adjust the height of the head of my bed: helps with reflux and sleep apnea.
5. 1 Packet of mouth strips, and various loose mouth strips (both used and unused!): helps with the CPAP.
6. 1 small lamp.
7. 1 red box of gauze pads, in case I bleed from the incisions in my mouth from my recent jaw operation.
8. Travel clock.
10. A pink case with wax in it, to put on my braces so that they don't irritate the inside of my mouth.
11. Red bottle for spraying a sleep apnea oral device I used to use.
12. Instruction sheets for various medical devices.
13. White paper bag containing unopened medication.
14. 1 pad for my injured arm, which I previously used while sleeping.
15. 1 Small wooden cross on a thread necklace, which my wife gave me.
16. Spare sheets.
17. 24 Books-Visible books (from top to bottom):
Paul Le Blanc, From Marx to Gramsci
A Beautiful Disaster: Finding Hope in the Midst of Brokenness, by Marlena Graves,
Aimee Semple McPherson: Everybody's Sister, by Edith Blumhofer
Captive State, by George Monbiot
Complete Poems, by Basil Bunting
Who Dies? An Investigation of Conscious Living and Conscious Dying, by Stephen and Ondrea Levine
Dostoevsky: A Writer in His Time, by Joseph Frank
Eihei Dogen: Mystical Realist, by Hee-Jin Kim
The Affluent Worker in the Class Structure, by John Goldthorpe
New Left Review, Jan-Feb 2005
Jonathan Edwards: A Life, by George Marsden
The Book of Margery Kempe, by Margery Kempe
Collected Poems, by Theodore Roethke
Selected Poems, by Thom Gunn
The Eight Gates of Zen: A Program of Zen Training, by John Daido Loori
Why? Looking at God, Evil and Personal Suffering, by Sharon Dirckx
The Sea and Poison, Shusaku Endo
Into the Silent Land: The Practice of Contemplation, Marin Laird
New Left Review Nov-Dec 2006
Saint Therese of Lisieux, Kathryn Harrison
Money, by Martin Amis
The Art of the Advocate, Richard Du Cann
Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar, Simon Sebag Montefiore
Adventures in Criticism, by Arthur Quiller-Couch