Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. Dysautonomia. Postural Orthostatic Intolerance. Mitochondrial Cytopathy.
Clockwise from top left:
1. 1 book- The Bell Lap, by Muriel A Murch-Compassionate nursing stories.
2. Pads of notepaper-Below the book.
3. 1 Wooden Pen- with a pipe cleaner around it so it won't roll off.
4. Regular ink pen.
5. 1 Astronaut Pen- for writing while lying down.
7. Homemade lip balm.
8. ipod connector, and ipod box.
9. Small wooden bookmark box with homemade bookmarks.
10. Natural anise cough drops.
11. jasmine oil for insomnia.
12. Bayer Asprin.
13. Post it notes.
14. Bed light-within easy reach.
15. Insomnia breathing exercises- beneath the light.
16. Emergency numbers- beneath insomnia exercises.
Elisabeth Tova Bailey is the author of The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating (2010, Algonquin Books) which won the 2010 John Burroughs Medal, the Natural History Literature category of the 2010 National Outdoor Book Award, and the non-fiction category of the 2012 William Saroyan International Prize for Writing.
Medical Humanities: Patients & Physicians
Elisabeth has an incredible website with great resources for patient support groups, education materials for faculty, hospital reading groups, and physician support- Please visit her website for more details.